NI LabVIEW includes a variety of tools for analysis including built-in functions (VIs) and add-on toolkits for visualization, mathematics, and signal processing. The LabVIEW Full and Professional Development Systems include an extensive (600+ VIs) library of tools that can be applied to analysis. Examples of add-on toolkits that extend LabVIEW with new functionality for analysis include the NI LabVIEW Digital Filter Design Toolkit, the NI LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Toolkit, the Modulation Toolkit, and the NI LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit.
Advanced analysis consists of the following features and VIs that ship with the LabVIEW Full and Professional Development Systems, the LabVIEW Student Edition, and the NI Developer Suite Core Package:
- Signal Generation -- sine wave, square wave, triangle wave, noise, impulse, and so on.
- Digital Signal Processing -- Fourier and Hilbert transform, correlation, convolution, power spectrum
- Measurement -- Amplitude and Phase response, impulse response, peak detector, harmonic analyzer, histogram
- Windows -- various time-domain windows for spectral analysis
- Filters -- Butterworth, Chebyshev, Elliptic, general IIR and FIR, Bessel, Median filters
- Probability and Statistics -- mean, deviation, probability distributions, variance, RMS, mode
- Linear Algebra -- matrix (or vector) multiplication, determinant, inverse, rank, dot product, outer product
- Curve Fitting -- linear, exponential, polynomial fits, splines, interpolation
- Array Operations -- polynomial evaluation, unit vector, scaling, polar <-> rectangular conversion
- Additional Numerical Methods -- numerical integration, root finder, peak detection
- Script node interfaces to the XMath software and The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® software application
- MathScript textual math for .m file script programming
The NI LabVIEW Digital Filter Design Toolkit extends LabVIEW with functions and interactive tools for design, analysis, and implementation of digital filters. The NI LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Toolkit extends LabVIEW functions and indicators to handle audio measurements, fractional-octave analysis, swept sine analysis, sound-level measurements, frequency analysis, frequency response measurements, transient analysis, and several sound and vibration displays. The NI LabVIEW Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit is a suite of software tools, example programs, and utilities for time-frequency analysis, time-series analysis, and wavelets.