About the Instructors
All courses are conducted by Eminent Experts from Software Industry. The LabVIEW and MATLAB Courses will be conducted by Mr. P. K. Sahu and Mr. Jitendra Kumar alongwith experts from electronics and automation industry.
Below is a brief outline about them.
Profile Summary of Mr. P. K. Sahu
- Have done extensive research in the field of Nanotechnology. Synthesis and characterisation of various types of nanomaterials of ceramic oxides for use in catalytic and gas-sensing applications.
- Developed many fully-automated custom-made instruments for research purpose. These instruments were interfaced with the PC by using LabVIEW.
- LabVIEW user since 2004, version 7.0 of LabVIEW. Trained in LabVIEW by experts from Instrumentation, Process & Automation industry and National Instruments (India) for advanced and hardware-related modules.
- Trained in MATLAB by experts from IIT and Mathworks India.
- More than 14 years of overall experience research, automation, simulation and modelling, image processing, control systems, genetic algorithms, cryptography etc., and handled many projects in these areas from academia and industry.
- Conducted many workshops and training programs in MATLAB and LabVIEW at various engineering colleges across the country, both for B.E. & M.E. students as well as Faculties as a part of Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs). Have delivered invited lectures in Nanotechnology at many engineering colleges across C.G.
- Conducted Summer-training programmes in MATLAB and LabVIEW in Pune and Bhilai (C.G.) for B.E. students.
- Conducted many corporate training sessions in MATLAB-SIMULINK & LabVIEW for engineers from Suzlon, Mahindra Navistar Engines Pvt. Ltd. (MNEPL), Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Behr-Hella Thermocontrol Ltd., Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), LabIndia-GPOD, Tata Technologies, Mahindra Engineering, Eaton Technologies, etc..
- Published many Research papers including the peer-reviewed high impact-factor international Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids (2008), Materials Letters (2004), Ceramics International (2004), and Journal of the Royal Society (London) Chemical Communications, (2003).
- Written a Book Chapter in the first ever Encyclopedia of Sensors, published by American Scientific Publishers (2006) & University of Pennsylvania.
- Filed an Indian patent, Australian Patent, a United States patent, and an international patent under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) in devising novel environment-friendly methods to synthesise nanomaterials with less energy consumption.
- Worked as Rajeev Gandhi Research Fellow (awarded by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore) in Chemical Engineering Division at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune. Also worked as Junior Research Fellow at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune and University of Pune on a CSIR & DST sponsored projects.
- Member of Indian Ceramic Society (Kolkata) since 1999, Member of Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Bangalore since 2000 and Member of Materials Research Society (MRS) Singapore, since 2003 and nominated Member of the Nanotechnology Core group (Centre for Nanotechnology and Materials Research), at Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand University (CSVTU), Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, since 2004.
- Have taken Training in Nanomaterials Instrumentation at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC, Mumbai), Inter University Accelerator Centre (formerly Nuclear Science Centre), New Delhi, and Centre for Excellence in Electronics, Automation and Robotics at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT).
- Currently working as Chief Technical Consultant and Head (Training Services) with Tech Smart Systems and Director (Technical) at Aguaee, Pune. Also, Assistant Professor (Visiting) Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Kalyan PG College, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Detailed profile.
- B. Tech. (2003) from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, Orissa.
Profile Summary of Mr. JITENDRA KUMAR
M.S. (Communication systems, IIT Madras.
Has Expertise in topics like: Digital Signal Processing, Synthesis of Control Systems, Image Signal Processing, Discrete Data Systems, Linear Algebra, Artificial Neural Network.
- Three years work experience in Online Handwriting Character Recognition / Pattern Recognition area.
- Three months of work experience as Intern in CAD (Computer aided diagnosis)-Research group of Health care department, Siemens, Bangalore. The objective of the work was to increase the accuracy of evaluation of stenosis in coronary arteries. It involved, automatic extraction of coronary vessels, applying various medical imaging based techniques to improve the 3D visualization of coronary vessel and then automatic detection of plaques and evaluation of degree of stenosis due to plaques detected.
- One year of work experience as an analysis engineer in Neuro Focus India. I was working on object tracking, one of the hard topics of computer vision. The objective of the work is to track an object in a video i.e. to find all the frames in which a particular object is present and then locate it. It involved various image processing and signal processing techniques like feature extraction, feature matching, SVD, shot detection etc.
- Currently working in Maples-esm in Face Recognition and Form processing (Number and Alphabet recognition) using statistical approach.
Projects/Reseach work done:
- Online Handwritten Character Recognition for Indian Scripts using Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Support Vector Machine (SVM).
- Development of GUI based toolkit in Matlab to collect the handwriting data and annotate collected handwritten data.The main functionalities of the toolkit is to collect the samples of handwriting, display the samples collected, edit the wrong samples, giving labels to samples collected etc.
- Design and hardware development of a "Digital Frequency Meter". It measures frequency of any type of analog signal. It comprises of a Schmitt trigger circuit, wave shaping circuit, BCD counter and seven segment display.Performance of the circuit was very good with varied input signal.
International Conference paper titled "Designing an Optimal Classifiers Ensemble for Online Character Recognition using Genetic Algorithm", published in ICFHR08, Montreal, Canada.
International Conference paper titled "Automatic detection of plaques with severe stenosis in coronary vessels of CT angiography", published in SPIE Medical Imaging, San Diego, CA United States, 2010: Paper Number: 7624-98